Is your Organization tired of recruiting, training, and assigning Youth Umpires for your games, and all of the headaches that go with it? FVB can help!
Since 1994, FVB's greatest assets have been our Members and our Training Programs. Each year our training sessions expand to include leading edge technology, webinars, more expansive video selection, in addition to our traditional classroom and field training. FVB is proud to offer these resources to local organizations to help recruit, train, educate, evaluate and assign Youth Umpires to your games...a complete outsourcing solution.
In 2017 FVB partnered with Crystal Lake Little League Baseball and Crystal Lake Girls Fastpitch Softball to recruit, train and assign local Youth Umpires to their games. The program was so successful we expanded to include Barrington Youth BB & SB in the Fall of 2017. We rebranded the program to be called JVB (JV Blues) and will be expanding to Algonquin, Burlington and Barrington in 2018.
Each organization we sign will have a dedicated Program Manager from FVB, as well as a dedicated staff of Youth Umpires from your town that we recruit, train and supervise. The kids will go thru a 4-6 week training program, all at no cost to the student and the league. Each student will be given an official JVB uniform, with the emphasis placed heavily on appearance, professionalism and pride in being an umpire...three hallmarks that have made FVB special.
We will tailor the program to your specific needs, whether it is just training, or the full management solution including assignments, FVB will bring our best-in-class program to you and be your complete solution.
Here is a small list of services that FVB can provide for your organization:
- Best in Class Training - Each recruited Youth Umpire will undertake a 4-6 week training program which includes plate/base drills, extensive ball/strike mechanics, class sessions, game management, video analysis and much more. The training season concludes with live on-field training prior to the first games being played.
- Free admission for League Admins and Students to all FVB training sessions, including IHSA Certified clinics at Wheaton College, Belvidere North HS. Clinics run five hours with 3-4 tracks of topics. Class sessions held at Crystal Lake Central HS run two hours and cover various topics thru Video presentation, analysis and discussion.
- Youth Umpire Recruiting services - FVB works with 100 are High Schools, closely with AD's and Coaches. We will drive all recruiting efforts for your umpires by leveraging these resources, social media, job boards, league referals, etc.
- Assignment Services - JVB will leverage the best-in-class technology used by FVB for assignments. League Admins will have the ability to login (also with an app) to view all of their umpires and contact info. Additionally, JVB Youth Umpires will manage their schedules on the same platform, the same way FVB Umpires do...building their schedules by requesting open games, getting email reminders, etc. There will also be no co-mingling of JVB umpires working FVB games and vice-versa. So no dilution of service on the FVB games.
- Program Management - JVB will provide a dedicated Program Manager to manage the program once the season starts. The appointed Manager will have roots in your town and will be a veteran FVB Umpire. His role will include Assignments, Evaluations, Communications and all other aspects.
- Equipment and Uniform Donations - In addition to providing Youth Umpires with uniforms, JVB will also evaluate your current equipment being used and make appropriate upgrade donations to help fray the costs of doing this the right way! FVB also holds several Used Equipment Garage Sales in the Spring so Student Umpires will also have the ability to purchase their own equipment and additional uniform items for a dime on the dollar. Funds raised from these garage sales fund all of the free services that JVB offers.
If interested or have questions, please contact Jeff Collis call 815-622-8763