FVB Job Description
FVB Umpire Job Description
As an FVB Umpire for youth Baseball and Softball games, your responsibilities would include *but not limited to:
- Managing personal calendar to ensure no commitment conflicts. As Independent Contractors, Umpires choose their own schedules to work
- Obtain IHSA license, which requires background check, passing exam. FVB will help with exam in our various training classes.
- Ensure player safety during games, encorouraging sportsmanship
- Officiate contests objectively. When working as a single official, positioning will be behind the plate.
- Attend training sessions sponsored by FVB
- Arrive to field location 15 minutes prior to gametime
- Dress professional in umpire attire; clean, wrinkle-free
- Report scores where required
- Provide own protective equipment. FVB has various options to help minimize the costs
- Game pay varies based on level, length, distance, client, etc, but generally ranges from $52-65 per game.
Join the Fox Valley Blues and help make baseball a great experience for our clients. Both new and experienced umpires enjoy success in FVB's ranks.