FVB Job Description
FVB Umpire Job Description
As an Umpire for youth Baseball and Softball games, your responsibilities would include *but not limited to:
- Managing personal calendar to ensure no commitment conflicts. As Independent Contractors, Umpires choose their own schedules to work
- Obtain IHSA license, which requires background check, passing exam. FVB will help with exam in our various training classes.
- Ensure player safety during games, encorouraging sportsmanship
- Administer the rules, as dictated by the Schools and Organizations
- Officiate contests objectively.
- Attend training sessions sponsored by FVB (Optional benefit, not mandated)
- Dress professional in umpire attire; clean, wrinkle-free
- Report scores where required by Org
- Provide own protective equipment. FVB has various options to help minimize the costs
- Game pay varies based on level, length, distance, client, etc, but generally ranges from $70-80 per game.
Join the Fox Valley Blues and help make baseball a great experience for our clients. Both new and experienced umpires enjoy success in FVB's ranks.